Your dental health is critical to take care of as you age. In fact, time can change the health of your teeth and gums, and if neglected, you could suffer many oral health disasters or problems. Luckily, there are things you can do to help your oral health as you age.
Our dentist, Dr. Richard Mantoan, is proud to help you with your oral health care. That is why, our team at Southland Smiles in Flossmoor, Illinois, wants to share with you some information on how to take care of your teeth and gums over time.
Here are some simple things you can do to help take care of your teeth as you age:
– Remember to clean your dentures daily, so the bacteria won’t seep into your gums causing gum disease.
– Visit your dentist every semi-annually to correct any serious problems that may occur.
– Keep up with your brushing and flossing routines frequently to keep your smile clean and fresh.
– Avoid dry mouth if possible because it can lead to bacteria breeding in your mouth, so stay hydrated each day.
– As we all age, brushing and flossing may become more difficult with hand coordination, so try switching to a more comfortable tool like an electric toothbrush or water flosser for your oral health care.
– Quit habits like tobacco because it intensely increases your chances of cancer and can cause many other oral health problems in your mouth as well.
Our team wants you to keep your smile healthy and strong. If you have questions about your smile, or if you have any dental concerns, please call us today at 708-794-4253 to schedule a consultation with our professional dental expert.