If you would like to improve the beauty of your smile, consider veneers in Flossmoor, Illinois. Dental veneers are thin shells that are custom made of tooth-colored materials. These shells are bonded to the front of the teeth to improve their appearance.
What issues to dental veneers fix?
Drs. Mantoan, DiBenedetto, and Ararchi may recommend veneers to repair:
– Discolored teeth
– Worn down teeth
– Chipped, cracked, or broken teeth
– Misaligned, uneven, or misshapen teeth
– Gapped teeth
How long do dental veneers last?
Dental veneers usually last from five to ten years. The veneers would then need to be replaced by our dentists.
Do they need special care?
No. Simply practice good oral hygiene oral practices. Brush twice a day, floss once a day, and use an antiseptic mouthwash. Also, be sure to visit our office regularly. Porcelain veneers resist stains, but just to be safe, our dentists may recommend avoiding stain-causing foods and beverages like red wine, coffee, and tea.
What are the benefits of veneers?
Dental veneers bring many advantages, including:
– Natural tooth appearance
– The gums tolerate porcelain well
– Veneers made from porcelain are stain resistant
– A shade of veneer can be selected that makes the teeth appear whiter
– Veneers offer a conservative way to improve the appearance of the teeth. Veneers don’t require as much shaping prior to placement as crowns do. They are a stronger, more aesthetic alternative.
We invite you to contact Southland Smiles today to learn more and to schedule a consultation.